Monday, October 31, 2016

Messy Monday Halloween Edition: Witches' Brew!


I love holiday-themed play, so when I saw that Halloween was going to fall on a Monday this year, my wheels starting turning, This is what I put together for our Halloween-themed messy play: Witches' Brew!

Here is what I used:
1 package of green Jello
1 container of mandarin oranges
1 package of giant googly eyes
3 toy frogs


I prepared the Jello per the package instructions and added in the fruit following the method on the box. When I added the fruit, I also added the google eyes. I poured the whole thing into a plastic cauldron over 3 bath-toy frogs.
I bought the store-brand Jello, but I didn't consider how the box was small, so it didn't fill up much of the cauldron. Also, I was going to have it set up in the cauldron, but it had a hole in the bottom, so that didn't work out how I planned either. But hey - we still had fun!
I didn't get a lot of pictures because once Beatrix got into it she wanted to share and as a result, I got sticky too.


I set it on a pastry mat and some towels to minimize the amount of mopping I would have to do. She actually stayed on the towels so no mopping for me!









I think older kids would really get into this activity. Especially if you had all of the ingredients in different bowls, they could mix and then serve the brew!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment