Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Beatrix's Bum-kin

Handprint crafts and babies don't mix very well. When they are really little they don't want to open up their hand but when they are bigger they won't hold still. So what to do to commemorate baby's first Halloween?

The bum-kin!
That's right. A bum print, decorated to look like a pumpkin! 

I don't have pictures of the process, because as you can imagine, it took all the spare hands available! We stripped her down naked in the bathroom and Mr. Fish and I wore old clothes that could get paint on them. I quickly coated her cheeks in pumpkin orange paint (I used acrylic because it was what I had. If you were worried about toxins or things like that, you could use fingerpaint.) After painting her bum, I plopped her onto a canvass that I had sitting on the toilet lid and then into the bath she went! She tolerated the whole process without a fuss. WhIle Mr. Fish washed her up I added a few finishing touches. 

I look forward to the look on her face when she is a teenager and I am still proudly displaying her bum-kin for all her friends to see! (Tee hee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment