Friday, October 14, 2016

DIY Non-skid Socks

Poor Beatrix has a hard enough time crawling in pants, let alone with socks on too. She has plenty of socks, most of them second-hand, and I wanted to find a way to make them work. Enter: puff paint! A little puff paint on the bottom on her socks will make a big difference!
The paint was about $3 a bottle. I resisted the urge to buy the 10 pack and stuck with sparkly pink and silver. You will also need something to slip in the socks to keep the paint from oozing to the top of the sock - I used some cardboard that came in a box of party supplies for Bea's birthday! 
On some socks I traced the design on the sock, others I drew fun shapes or squiggles.
 Even Mr. Fish joined in on the fun!

The paint should be dry in about 4 hours but it is not safe to wash for 72 hours. (Be sure to follow the directions on the bottle of whatever brand you buy.)

I will be doing a few more batches, I think they turned out really cute!

1 comment: