Friday, October 28, 2016

Halloween Sugar Cookies, Part One: The Dough

I have mentioned our family tradition of making Halloween sugar cookies briefly in a previous post. Well, the time has come to make them this year! I will even share The Recipe. I have never tasted a cookie like them and they are my absolute favorite!



Grandma's sugar cookies

2 c sugar
1 c butter
3 eggs
1 c buttermilk or sour milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp nutmeg
pinch of salt
About 6 c flour

Roll and cut. Bake at 375 for about 5 minutes on the top rack and 5 on the bottom, rotating pans. Frost when cool.


I was so focused on making the dough, I forgot to take step-by-step pictures. You just make the dough in the typical fashion, adding just enough flour so the dough does not stick to your fingers.


All wrapped up and chilling for tomorrow's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment