Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Fall Sensory Squish Bag

Squish bags are cheap, easy to make, and all sorts of fun. They can be filled with a variety of materials - the possibilities are endless! Here's how I made this one!

All you need to make your very own Fall Squish Bag is:

  • A sturdy quart or gallon-sized zippy bag (I used a gallon this time, but I have done quarts in the past.)
  • Some kind of clear gel for filling (I used dollar store hair gel, you can also use shower gel/body wash, or hand soap.)
  • Fake fall leaves (the first fall bag I did I used real leaves, but the leaves turned the gel an icky brown.)
  • Small beads
  • Glitter!
  • Duct tape to seal the zipper edge
Just dump the "dry ingredients" - the beads, leaves, and glitter - in the bag and scoop or squeeze in the clear gel of choice. LESS IS MORE - that goes for the little items as well as the gel. Too much and it is harder to interact with. Tape off the zipper side and all around if you like. I tape ours to the window and Beatrix sits on the couch and plays with it. It is pretty with the sun shining through!



Happy squishing!


No comments:

Post a Comment